Pastor's Blog

The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
I Timothy 1:5 (ESV)

Sunday, May 14, 2006

God's Story

I just read the ESV blog and happened upon a new edition of my favorite English translation of the Scriptures. Click here to read the post.

I just finished teaching a year long course to middle school aged home-schooled students - and the main emphasis for this class was that they understand the unity of the Scriptures and that they see the entire Bible as one story about how God is Glorifying his name by working through history to bring people back to Himself. The Bible is bigger than Sunday School stories. It's surely about the greatest beauty in the universe - the Glory of God through the face of Jesus Christ.

I am happy to see an ESV Bible that takes up this theme!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home