Pastor's Blog

The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
I Timothy 1:5 (ESV)

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The DaVinci Drivel

You know, I did promise myself that I was not going to enter into the consumer driven debate on the "Davinci Code". With complete intent of sounding absolutely cynical, I think the entire thing is driven by money and selling product in both Christian and secular markets. It may be one massive conspiracy to market goods on the unsuspecting masses - but that's for the consumer to judge. Caveat emptor.

One thing I do know - Dan Brown is a somewhat average fiction writer who has written a book that is ... well ... fiction. Why the media and the Christian community is giving him more serious press time than the war in Iraq is really beyond me. I say - ignore the drivel. However, I did read this article by Barabara Nicolosi and I think she makes a good point. I tend to agree with her. I suppose some would say just stay away from the movies altogether, and that's fine. I do like the "Over the Hedge" option. Frankly, I think it looks hysterical.

Ms. Nicolosi's article is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home