Pastor's Blog

The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
I Timothy 1:5 (ESV)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Grief and Gladness

This is a the letter that is going out to everyone at Faith Community Church. Grief and gladness.


To our dear and beloved Family at Faith Community Church,

Renee' and I are truly experiencing all that Paul meant when he said that he was sorrowful, but always rejoicing. For those who have not heard our news, I want to take this opportunity to let you know:

On December 18th, 2005, the Anderson family was appointed as C&MA missionaries to Mongolia. This means that as of May 21st, 2006 I will no longer be able to serve as your pastor at Faith Community Church.

This move is something that has been coming for some time. For those who are interested and were not a part of Sunday?s service, I will be glad to share the time line in more detail. God has been speaking to us and moving us in this direction ever since our return from Mongolia in 2003. With confirmation after confirmation, an impossible path has been made possible for us and we rejoice in the Lord's leading and the privilege of serving in an underserved part of the world, for His Kingdom and for His glory.

That being said, our entire family is deeply grieved over the fact that we will not be in a place to serve here in the same capacity that we have over the past thirteen years. I am having a difficult time coming up with the words to express how much we will miss all of you - and how much I will miss being your pastor. I must say that I do understand the cross today more than I ever have in all my life. As I saw your tears on Sunday, and fought to control my own, I was reminded that the corn of wheat must die to bear fruit (John 12:24). He who loves his pastorate will lose it (John 12:25 - my very liberally paraphrased application). I know how I must die; how we all must die. But in this death, I know that this church will live. I wish to point you to all of the promises of God that are true when a death takes place. I know they're true. I want you to know they're true. This past week has been the most difficult week in my pastoral ministry. The calm I have is in knowing that our lives which have been intertwined together over the past thirteen years will be forever together with Jesus. We are going for a time so that others who have yet to hear of His Name will be able to join us in that day. May the Lamb receive the travail of His soul.

I give you every assurance that I know this is the will of God for my family. In doing this each of you can be reassured that this is the will of God for our church. The leadership (elders and deacons) is waiting on the Lord while beginning the process of seeking His will for a new pastor. I have every confidence in these men of God. I know that God will grant the wisdom and the grace for all of us to walk through this season.

In closing, please know that our intent is not in any way to disappear from your lives and traipse off to the other side of the world. William Carey, called the father of modern missions, referred to the mission field as a deep mine, and he said he was willing to descend into that mine if those at home would 'hold the ropes.' Our partnership with you is the same. We need you to hold the ropes - more than ever, just as we will continue to hold the ropes for you. Our partnership with you will last a lifetime; our fellowship for eternity.

We love and appreciate each one of you.

For His Renown,

Bernie Anderson
Pastor/Teacher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home