Pastor's Blog

The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
I Timothy 1:5 (ESV)

Monday, May 08, 2006

Wolves and Sheep: smile and proceed with caution

I read this on Justin Taylor's Blog this morning. In light of yesterday's sermon (May 7, 2006), I thought it timely. It makes me smile - and look over my shoulder while proceeding with caution.

"Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood. I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them. Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish everyone with tears."
(Acts 20:28-31 ESV)



""Wolves don't come with business cards that say 'Wolf.' They dress up like sheep, talk like sheep, and are published by sheep publishers."
--Mark Dever


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home