Pastor's Blog

The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
I Timothy 1:5 (ESV)

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Day of Prayer Musings

Prayer is a marginal activity for most Christians. I greive over this fact this morning. Recent headlines in Nashville regarding the Dell company and Islamic prayer should put most Christians to shame. The Evangelicals cry out "no one would ever think about accomodating Christians who wish to pray" -- and my heart answers "but Christians don't pray".

Here is what I intend. I intend to rearrange my life around prayer, and not marginalize prayer by trying to squeeze it into any holes I may (or may not) find in my life. Prayer will be my first, impulsive activity; not something I do as a last desperate measure.

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Father, teach us to pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home